PDA

Zobacz pełną wersję : QUAD UWAGA

Skrobek
14-08-06, 11:05
http://www.uncorrelated.com/images/Sandi's%20ATV.JPG
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/media/images/atv.jpg

A oto do czego doszło :
Last summer, I took my wife and kids to Arkansas to visit my family. Since part of my job at the Naval Safety Center is teaching risk management to Sailors and Marines, I'm familiar with the process. During the drive, I got a chance to practice my own personal risk management. We switchedThis face brought to you by an ATV colliding with a tree. drivers, maintained speed limits, and stopped for the night. The trip went well.

Once we arrived, my 14-year-old daughter spied my brother's four-wheeled ATV and was eager to take a ride. She asked my brother if she could ride it. He said, "Sure."

He never thought to ask her if she was familiar with this type of machine, since his own kids ride it frequently. She climbed on and went zooming down the driveway.

My daughter made it to the end of the drive, but when she tried to stop, she turned the throttle instead of squeezing the hand brake. The four-wheeler slammed into a tree and threw her into it. The rough bark scraped her face. We took her to the hospital where doctors gave us salve to put on her wounds to prevent scarring.

As we were returning from the hospital, we realized we were very lucky. If my daughter had taken the force of the blow against the tree instead of the ATV, she could have been killed.

My daughter (and the rest of my family) learned that day how important it is to assess risks before doing something new. If we had considered these points before she climbed on that ATV, she may never have taken that ride and made that sudden stop:

* Before this incident, my daughter had been on an ATV for only two hours of riding time. And no one had ever really shown her how to ride one.
* She had no idea that she needed protective equipment. She was wearing flip-flops and didn't have on a helmet.
* She had the gas and brake confused, which shows how unfamiliar she was with the ATV.
* My brother just assumed that everyone knew how to ride an ATV and didn't supervise his niece's efforts.

Even though we knew the hazards of riding a four-wheeler, we never gave them much thought until our daughter was hurt. Lesson learned: Risk management doesn't just apply in the military. You need to use it all the time.

MartinS
14-08-06, 11:25
no nie ciekawa historia...
ale żeś mi stracha napedził ziomie, na pierwszy rzut oka myślałem że to Twoja maszyna....

Skrobek
14-08-06, 11:30
to jest Kawasaki KVF-750

uderzenie musiało byc przy jakis 100km/h no i to w drzewo...

LIO
14-08-06, 15:56
ale żeś mi stracha napedził ziomie

qrfa Skrobisz, bo Ci j**ne :evil:

trzeba było napisac wołami na górze, że to nie Twoje

jeszcze fote dziewuchy wkleil z czarnymi wlosami

damios
14-08-06, 18:04
No niestety trzeba uwazac jak sie lata po lesie, poza tym jazda na quadzie to zupelnie inna bajka niz na moto